Thursday, October 6, 2011

YOU TOTALLY WANT TO READ THIS BLOG POST

So when I was little my parents let us have birthday parties every other year and when I turned 5 it was one of my party years. It was also the big year my age was A WHOLE HAND! You know... kind of a big deal. I was beyond stoked and when my mom asked me what kind of party I wanted to have, I obviously knew I wanted a surprise cowgirl party. So I told her all the details of my surprise party and she planned for my grandmother to hang out with me the night before my party so I could come home to be "surprised!" Side note...my mom is totally the coolest for indulging my very, very strange requests as a kid. Thinking about it now I have actually laughed out loud. Little kids are soo funny and I wish I could just get in their heads sometimes and watch those wheels turn. Sweet kids who dream up their own surprise parties, play for hours in the room with just a cardboard box, and who "say the darndest things"...these tiny humans have me wrapped around their little finger.

But over 9 million children every year don't make it to their 5th birthday. They don't get to be a whole hand. Every year these sweet babies die from diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, abuse, abortion, water-borne diseases, and lots of other preventable issues. Some of this happens because mothers are not well educated, other times its a lack of medical care in the country, other times sweet kids are just mistreated. I want to fight for these precious kiddos. This is what drives me to pursue a degree in elementary education and social welfare. This is what drives me to the foster care and adoption systems. This is what drives me to fight for change. This is what breaks my heart. This is what my Abba has formed me to become...A voice for the voiceless. A mother to the motherless. A helper to the helpless. 

Following this call I traveled to Zambia last February and God stretched my heart and vision. I have the opportunity to see even more of his heart as I travel to Kenya this winter. Africa has always had a special place in my heart as well as just kids in general and I cannot believe I have been give this incredible chance to visit this awesome continent again. In Zambia my eyes were opened to real hope, real joy, real love, and real faith. The Zambians I met challenged me to step out in far greater ways for my faith. I cannot wait to see the crazy ways that are going to happen in Kenya too! The hard part..its an expensive trip. And I still need money. The total cost is $3.000 but I know God is going to provide in big ways! I have raised about half, but I only have about 2 months to raise the other half. I would feel super honored if you would prayerfully consider helping me get to Africa. If you can't I totally get that too, but please support me and the rest of the SOS team traveling there through prayer! We can't have too much of that for sure! If you want to hear more details about my trip or my heart for kiddies pretty please text me or facebook me or call me or email me or hey you can even write me a letter! Do whatever you want and I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to talk to you!! Seriously this stuff gets me excited so I could at least be some entertainment for a little while! Thanks for reading my crazy blog post :)

IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME GET THERE
DONATE ONLINE: sosmemphis.org/donate   In the designation box type "Kenya-Morgan"
EMAIL: mokadams@gmail.com
CALL/TEXT (901)335-5592

SEND CHECKS TO THIS ADDRESS MADE PAYABLE TO SERVICE OVER SELF:
205 Montelo Rd. Memphis, TN, 38120
FACEBOOK/TWITTER/WHATEVS ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!

1 comment:

  1. IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME GET THERE
    EMAIL: mokadams@gmail.com
    CALL/TEXT (901)335-5592
    ADDRESS: 205 Montelo Rd. Memphis, TN, 38120
    FACEBOOK/TWITTER/WHATEVS ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!

    ReplyDelete