Thursday, February 10, 2011

Flyin' Solo

My very first flight and I'm already a security threat. As I was going through the security check in Memphis, the dude stopped me and made me go through the body scan…while wearing my sunglasses—total Arnold Schwarzenegger move. Then I stood in front of a different lady for a solid ten minutes while she waited for a report. Then I had to hold my left arm out while she felt it up. Wanna know why this craziness happened? Of course you do…my super scary digital watch!! I mean..is little blond white girl the new red flag? I for sure got stopped for security checks like this at least 3 times on the way to Haiti too!! I should stop looking so suspicious I guess. Here’s hoping that’s my one stop this trip.

Once I got through that madness, I went and hung out waiting to get on the plan to Chicago. So you would think that a plane from Memphis to Chicago would be pretty big because those are two big cities and lots of people must want to go from one to the other a lot for business and such…at least I thought that. SOOO wrong! 

That plane was SUPER TINY! I took that pic from basically the back of the plane. Seriously, the guy in front of me almost didn’t fit in the door!! Don’t they know America is the fattest country in the world and with the Chicago deep dish, they gotta know they need room to spare! They totally should have consulted me on that one. Haha. I actually did fit on this toy-sized plane and got ready for my first flight. Right at take off I got a little nervous. For a second I thought, “I MUST be crazy! I’m for real flyin’ solo! Too crazy.” I do not travel well alone. I don’t like driving alone, I don’t like flying alone, and I definitely don’t like going to foreign countries alone! So obviously I decided to make a break for it while I still could. Hah ok not really. I am in Chicago now, so I stayed on the plane. I’m actually just getting more and more excited to be going on such a cool adventure on my own! Just more proof that this trip is only happening through God’s strength!! 

When I landed in Chicago things got a little crazy again because I had to high tail it from the end of the airport to the reject part of the airport that they send the international flights through. I even had to take transit to it…total flashback of Haiti..this time I held onto the rail like they told me to! Haha Then I had to go through security again….guess who got flagged…I DID! Again. This time for my crazy weapon sunglasses! I really should learn to not bring dangerous things like watches and sunglasses on trips. Now I’m just chillin at my gate, M 11, eating a ham sandwich that cost wayyy too much, and waiting for my lovely next flight to get underway. It leaves from Chicago O’Hare Airport and flies to LONDON, ENGLAND! Ya know, just headed across the pond. No big deal, right? OH PLEASE….My first flight went over the Mississippi River, but this one is about to head across a stinking OCEAN!! I cannot begin to explain to you how excited I am! Woo!! 

After I hit London, I’m going to have a pretty intense layover so you should all get on facebook chat around 5 in the A.M. (Memphis time) and keep me entertained  :)  There's the run down of my travel so far! I can't wait to read all the notes friends and family sent me!! I am sooo beyond blessed by you guys. Thank you so much for encouraging me from the other side of the world! Side note, I receive texts free the whole time I’m gone!! Also..I’ve already taken 100 pictures…oh goodness. Well..I guess that’s all for now folks! I’ll post again when I’m safely in a completely different country! Love you all!!!


4 comments:

  1. morgan yay!! say hi to my hometown for me. :)

    and how in the world have you taken over 100 pics???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and btw, we cancelled club tonight because of icy roads. so you're just missing one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan! I'm attempting to survive the Air Force Academy, but I hope you have tons of fun on your trip! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your excitement on here. Stay out of trouble, please! And please stop being such a threat to our national security :) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete